background

Monday, March 7, 2022

Several Sympathy Cards

 I've been making bunches of sympathy cards for my stash, as there seems to always be just a few in there. 

Stamps

Positive Thoughts

Paper

Basic Gray, Basic White, Vellum Layering Designs

Ink

Gorgeous Grape, Basic Gray, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride

Embellishments

Stampin' Dimensionals

Tools

Nature's Thoughts Dies, Stamparatus, Sponge Daubers


All the card below use the same stamp set, technique and colors.
 I do love using Stampin' Blends to color, but when making a dozen of the same card, I wanted to do something different, that was a bit quicker. So I got out my Stamparatus and Stamp Daubers to make a quick go of adding color to this beautiful stamped image. I began by placing Shimmery White cardstock on my Stamparatus, and stamped the Peony in Petal Pink ink. Then I used Sponge Daubers to apply Flirty Flamingo to a few places on the flower and bud. Next, I daubed Pear Pizzazz on the leaves, and finally Mossy Meadow on a few places of the leaves. I did not have to clean the stamp after each color addition and I did do a second application of Flirty Flamingo to get a deeper color. Quick and easy and oh so pretty! 

I created the 'frames' with the Stitched Rectangle Dies, then used the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. 

Stamps

Prized Peony, Very Versailles

Paper

Basic White, Petal Pink, Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo, Pale Papaya, Shimmery White,  Daffodil Afternoons (SAB)

Ink

Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow

Embellishments

Expressions In Ink Emphera, Square Vellum Doilies (retired)

Tools

Peony Dies, Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Tasteful Labels Dies, Stamparatus, Sponge Daubers

The background text is from the Very Versailles stamp set, and the leaves on this card were done in Crumb Cake.