background

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Valentines Without Valentine Stamps

How do you make a Valentine's Day card with no Valentine stamps? Easy, you improvise. Think about it, any floral stamp can work, just use a Valentine greeting. But what if you want to make a Valentine for a man? Lots of Masculine stamps would work, just use appropriate colors and a greeting stamp that you have on hand, or type your greeting on a word processing document.

CHALLENGE: Look through your stamps and papers and come up with an un-Valentine Valentine's Day card. 

Need a little nudge of inspiration? Below, I used the SALE-A-BRATION stamp set Driving By. I thought a black and red combo would be good for a masculine card, so I colored the cute little sports car red. Then I looked at all my DSP for a print in black and white. I found one in the Daffodil Afternoon DSP from the SALE-A-BRATION catalog. The cool thing about our DSP, is that is is printed on both sides, so you get the double the patterns. This particular package of papers has daffodil prints on one side and more subdued patterns and colors on the other. I especially liked those sides. The stamp used in the greeting said, "Driving By just to say Hi." I used a piece of post-it note to cover up the word HI. Happy Valentine's Day, and some punched out hearts to make my card.


For the second card, I used the same DSP, Flirty Flamingo, Pale Papaya and Basic White cardstock, along with Oval Dies and Heart Dies.
For this last card, I used the Harvest Meadow DSP, and Poppy Parade cardstock.