background

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

 Remember when I said that you could put gilded leafing on ribbon? Well I saw this card that Tami Hewlett, one of the Stampin' Up! Artisans made and I just had to CASE it. However, I didn't have that gold/burlap ribbon, but I did have some retired Classic Weave Ribbon. I applied some splatter shapes of Multipurpose glue and let it dry until it was tacky. Then I pressed on some leafing, used my paint brush to brush away the extra, and voila! Gilded ribbon! Here is Tami's card. I really had fun playing with ink and my Water Painters to create the background pieces. It's the first time I used the BIG Water Painter, it was perfect to make a watercolor wash with Pacific Point ink. First, I used Shimmery White cardstock because it holds up to watercolor use. Next I added some splotches of water for lighter areas and more ink splotches for darker areas. To add a bid of leafing, I used the splatter stamp from the Painted Poppies stamp set and VersaMark ink. Heat & Stick powder then the heat tool and finally the leafing. 



Product List