background

Monday, September 26, 2011

Refillable Legal Pad Cover!

You know, these things are just too pretty to throw away after the pad is used up. So, I devised a legal pad holder that can be refilled. These are for my kitchen, so I didn't need a pen loop. They will go on our telephone table, which used to be a sewing machine table in a former life.  I rescued it from a junk dealer about a million years ago when I first got married. We didn't have much money then and I was always bring home old things to repurpose. My husband got on board with the plan, and sand-blasted the wrought iron, then painted it black.  My brother-in-law made a wooden table top for me and my new/old table was born. Yeah I know you see old sewing machine bases made into tables all the time now, but back then I'd never seen one made into a table. I just thought I was so clever!  lol


Post-it Book

For a reusable legal pad cover:
Cardstock 10 ¾ x 8 ½     score at 5 ¼ and 5 ½
1 pieces cardstock 5 ½ x 4 ½  for the pocket you slip the legal pad goes into.
1 piece cardstock 5 3/4 x 4 ½  for the pocket to hold papers, receipts etc.

Score ½” from the bottom and on the side facing the inside. Then cut off a triangle from the top corner that faces the inside as well. Decorate the inside pocket if you like, then place red liner tape from the score line to the edge of the paper, then tape it onto the cover. 
The right side is open, so you easily can slip in the legal pad and replace it when it’s empty.